Friday 9 September 2011

I think I've lost the plot yet again

Today I start yet another journey to learning more. Its not like I don't have enough to do right now...I recently changed jobs, am still trying to finish the process of buying a house that started in March and the kids are bigger.

Anyway, a few months ago I hear about CIT's Cloud Computing Degree and decided to inquire. After a bit of time it came up again and I found myself looking for more info and then all of sudden I'm in.

There is a mad amount of work to do, I have 60 Credits to gain in 18 months, but it looks like I might get some RPL for my work experience and certifications. The course is all delivered through the internet from Adobe Connect and Blackboard.

The college have VMware View VDI for the students to access the backend, where they have spoken about VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack, iSCSI, FoE, Fibre and a load more.

So I have Java to learn by January....anyone got a quick learning method?

Interested in the course check out http://cloud.cit.ie/
They have BSc and MSc options.

No comments: