Saturday 26 May 2007

Swing Migration

I've been busy between different jobs recently and I keep misplacing my notes, so hopefully if I put all these things in the one blog, with some sort of standard tag I'll find them all the time.

Several issues that I had on today's swing are new, some are old, and some are just plain odd.

I had to start the w32time service
I had to start the Ismserv service

I was getting several errors in the event logs, 1722, 1815, and a few more, my notes are on site so hopefully tomorrow I'll edit this better.

The Windows Firewall started on both servers at several occasions, even though I had stopped the service.

I had to kick start several services in an attempt to get replication to start, the ones that had the biggest effect were as follows
net stop netlogon
net start netlogon
net stop ntfrs
net start ntfrs
repadmin /kcc this will get the KCC to try to start a connection and hopefully start replication

Even though I tried rebooting the swing server several times, the GC still would not start replicating for me. I went back to my notes and did the following;
Removed the GC option from the swing server, reboot the server, turn on the GC option, and then depending on if your a belt and braces person, reboot the server.
Hopefully the Directory Services event log will give you event ID 1110, which means that you may well see event 1119 5 minutes later.

No comments: