Wednesday 23 April 2008

Minasi Forum 2008

I have to leave.....I've had a great time, but between un-notified flight changes etc I had to leave early and I'm sad about that. I'm missing the end of JamesNT's talk on SQL, the finial words from Eric and Mark and the roundtable.

I was a bit aprehensive about the meeting as I wasn't sure that I'd have an interest in all of the stuff, but just the sheer energy comming from the speakers about their subjects is enough to infect their interest in you. I've had the hardest time trying to get my head around power shell and why I need it. But Don Jones, great speaker, made a point thats hard to not accept. If you want to be a 'high level IT' person in the windows world, you will have to be a Power Shell user. And PS2 is on its way. Everything in the Windows world will aparently be controlled from this interface.

For all its scareyness there appears to only be a few things in it. 16 Verbs as per some places, but 14 in others and approx 130 Nouns. Help actually works, and its almost close to readable language. At least I'm a bit more confident that I'll learn this thing.

Verb List
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/powershell/powershell_nouns.htm
Noun List
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms714428.aspx

I need to finish this up, but I think a plane is waiting.

No comments: