Its been an age since I've put anything up here, yet I have a lot of stuff emailed to myself that I'm supposed to put up here!
Where does the time go?
OK I'm going to put up some rought stuff and edit it later....yea right!
This one I've met several times recently and this is the best fix I've found for it;
This is due to incomplete installation of an office...
You can check this MS article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896866/) for this issue.
You can search for the file for download on net. Sometimes, if the version of office is Basic, just word, excel and outlook you can repair it with the Basic Office CD.
You can have some registry modification, but before doing it, just back-up the registry keys.
Go into Registry Editor(Start->Run->Regedit)
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Delivery.
There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode (indicated by some numbers)
Select that directory [or all if more].
On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache.
Change the value to 0 and the problem is solved.
Handy link to find ouyt the key of the MS Office that you are using is
Following on from this I also ran into problems trying to add Exchange Mail accounts for people in a Domain with roaming profiles and a few otehr things.
Even though I had the right Server name and user name, Exchange could not resolve or find the user mailbox.
In ADUC (start->programs->admin tools->Active Dir Users & Computers)
Exchange Advanced tab - show exchange list, tick that box, and hey presto the users appeared again.
I found this and as of yet have to try it all out, but it seems good
To secure their wireless access points without making it to maddening, we could try the following.
Info on what/ how to secure a wireless access point with a radius server.
how to install a radius server.
Ok, bed calls, I'll tidy this up again.